Password Protect a folder on your website
This article explains how to add password protection to a folder on your website
What You Need
You will need the following items to complete this walkthrough.
- The username and password to your Bluehost account.
- The path and name of the folder you want to protect with a password.
Access The Password Protect Directories Tool
- Login to your cPanel
- Go to Directory Privacy
Protecting a Directory
- Navigate the folder structure and select the directory you want
NOTE: To open a folder and see its contents click the folder. To select a folder for password protection click on the folder icon.
- Choose the "Password protect this directory" option.
- Enter the name for the directory, this will appear whenever someone access the directory.
- Click save
Adding A User
The folder you selected will now require a username and password to gain access. You can use the username and password you created to gain access.
- Under Create user, add a username in the the username box.
- In the password boxes type the password you would like the user to have
- Click the "Save" button
Was this answer helpful?
Here’s the proper way to clear the exim mail queue on a cpanel server. /etc/init.d/exim...
To create a new cPanel account go to WHM >> Account Functions >> Create a New...
As a Server Administrator, I want the ability to clone a cPanel server to a new setup, so that...
These are options for the DNS zone for a domain in cPanel. Essentially, this tells cPanel how you...
IF IP got banned by CPHulk few times and it is really not a pleasant thing knowing that you need...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution