Password Protect a folder on your website
This article explains how to add password protection to a folder on your website
What You Need
You will need the following items to complete this walkthrough.
- The username and password to your Bluehost account.
- The path and name of the folder you want to protect with a password.
Access The Password Protect Directories Tool
- Login to your cPanel
- Go to Directory Privacy
Protecting a Directory
- Navigate the folder structure and select the directory you want
NOTE: To open a folder and see its contents click the folder. To select a folder for password protection click on the folder icon.
- Choose the "Password protect this directory" option.
- Enter the name for the directory, this will appear whenever someone access the directory.
- Click save
Adding A User
The folder you selected will now require a username and password to gain access. You can use the username and password you created to gain access.
- Under Create user, add a username in the the username box.
- In the password boxes type the password you would like the user to have
- Click the "Save" button
Was this answer helpful?
To create a MySQL database and user, log into the cPanel interface for the desired domain and...
IF IP got banned by CPHulk few times and it is really not a pleasant thing knowing that you need...
If you need to create a .htaccess file, you can use your control panel's file manager.Using the...
Summary By default your website can be accessed with both www.example.com and example.com....
Summary In this tutorial you will find out about the .htaccess file and the power it has to...