How do I lock and unlock my domain?
When you register a domain with HostSect (or transfer a domain to HostSect), the domain will be locked automatically. You can unlock and relock your domain anytime; however we recommend turning locking off only in the event that you need to make changes to your domain name servers.
To unlock or relock your domain:
- Login to the Client Center.
- Select "My Domains" under the "Domains" menu item
- Click the "Manage Domain" button next to the domain you want to unlock
- Click the "Registrar Lock" tab
- If your domain is locked, you will see a "Disable Registrar Lock" button, click it to unlock your domain.
- If you domain is unlocked, you will see a "Enable Registrar Lock" button, click it to lock your domain.
Was this answer helpful?
If you'd like to transfer your domain away from HostSect, we strongly recommend transferring your...
Your domain name registrar is responsible for maintaining your domain registration records,...
A Dedicated IP gives your website a unique IP address, one that's not shared by any other...
When changing a password please use good password strength.Password strength is a measure of the...
We can provide an authorization or EPP code in the event you decide to transfer your domain to...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution